In this lesson we’re going to look at plagiarism. You will be held accountable for the definitions of it and the consequences of it should you plagiarize on any assignment in a university course. It is considered academic theft and professors take that very seriously, as does the entire academic community.
What to Read:
- Section R1-4 in A Writer’s Reference (either 7th or 8th edition)
- Section W A Writer's Reference (either 7th or 8th edition)
- * “The Ecstasy of Influence: a Plagiarism' by Jonothan Lethem in Harper’s Magazine
- * “It's Not Plagiarism. In the Digital Age, It's 'Repurposing'' a response to Lethem by Kenneth Goldsmith in The Chronicle
Go to the Discussion page for your section and contribute to Discussion #8
- 2-paragraph contribution to the Discussion page for your section. (30 points)